First of all, I know I don’t write many blog posts. Between writing a book, and the fact that most of the things I work with at work are under NDA, it is difficult.
I just finished writing a guide that our partners will use when testing EMC EUC VSPEX solutions, and figured it would [...]
Over the last couple months I have been performing upgrades from ESXi 4.1, to 5.0 Beta, to 5.0 RTM, and earlier today to 5.0 GA. With the exception of the 5.0 GA release all these upgrades were handled with VMware Update Manager (VUM). I have encountered a few errors along the way I and I felt it was worthwhile to share [...]
“Slowly” means that Murphy’s Law reared its ugly head; one of the Intel system boards would not post so I am awaiting an RMA replacement. Thankfully the other board was fine and one of the new systems is up and running fine.
Things I have learned so far:
1) Xeon E5310 and Core 2 Quad [...]
I have developed a theory that a significant number of VMware vSphere/ESXi customers (smaller ones; a couple of hundred servers or so at most) likely don’t use much of the functionality beyond vMotion, DRS, and virtual center. This means that there are a lot of VMware admins (trained or not) who know only basic details about what it is [...]
- Creating SCCM device collections based AD OU membership (the easy way)
- How to configure Login VSI to test either VMware View or XenDesktop
- How and why to replace the default VMware View Composer SSL certificate – Part 2
- How and why to replace the default VMware View Composer SSL certificate–Part 1
- Tuning Windows 8 for EUC deployments
PicturesEMC World 2011
Number of photos:3
Total size:337.12 kB